Tokorozawa Folklore Museum
This museum was originally a doctor’s house built in 1855.
Now, it has been remodeled into an art museum displaying the works of artists having a connection with Tokorozawa.
The building retains the Nagaya-mon gate and the main entrance with Shikidai (a step in a Japanese entranceway), both of which were used for a house for a prestigious family, as well as valuable furniture such as a palanquin for a doctor to make house calls.
In February 2005, it was registered as a nationally-designated cultural property.
“Yarogama,” pottery next to the museum, can be seen on Sundays only.