Katakura Family Samurai Residence
This Residence belonged to the Ozeki clan—a retainer of the Katakura clan, lords of the Shiroishi Castle. It is confirmed to have been built in 1730.
In 1991, when the main building, gate, and outer-walls were bequeathed to Shiroishi City, the place was restored to its original state. And in 1993, Miyagi prefecture designated it as a Cultural Property.
The residence stands to the north of the Shiroishi Castle, surrounded by dense garden trees along the Sawabata River.