Matsushiro Castle Ruins

Matsushiro Castle Ruins

The Matsushiro Castle was built by Shingen Takeda (1521 – 1573) in 1560.
It is a solid castle built on a wetland and the Chikuma River that flows north was regarded as a natural moat.
This castle is famous for its cherry blossoms.
It was designated as a national historic site in 1981.

Facility information

Telephone
026-278-2801
(Matsushiro Cultural Facilities Management Office)
Opening Hours
9:00 ~ 17:00 (Admission until 16:30)
Closed
Open throughout the year in principle
Address
44 Matsushiro Matsushiromachi Nagano-shi Nagano Prefecture
Transportation
30 min on the bus to “Matsushiro High School” from JR Nagano station, get off at “Matsushiro Station” stop and walk for 5 min.
Charge
Free

Reviews

WRITE A REVIEW

Location