Kannonzaki Prefectural Park
In the Meiji era (1868 - 1912), the Kannonzaki Park was a military fortress.
There are historical heritages where shows the situation at that time today in this park.
The "Kannonzaki lighthouse", which was designed by French technologist Léonce Verny, was erected in 1868 as the first Western-style lighthouse in Japan.
The lighthouse has been watching over the vessels sailing Uraga Channel.
The current lighthouse is the third generation and its height is 19 meters and the light reachable distance is 35 kilometers.