On the front wall of the fork that left of The Tunnel of Love, the first battery was built in 1881~1884, and two 27 cm cannons were mounted on it.
Ammunition chambers and Military housings were built here facing each other.
During the Pacific War, the back wall of the front of Ammunition chamber was removed and was used as a passage (tunnel.)