Remains of Shimoterao Government Office Group
The remains are made up of the ruins of the government office of the Sagami Koza District that existed from the Nara (710-794) period to Heian Period (794-1185), and the ruins of a large temple complex.
The large temple complex was called a “Shichido Garan”, or “Seven-hall Temple”.
In 1957, volunteers, hoping for the investigation and preservation of the ruins built a monument dedicated to the Shichido Garan on the west side of the temporary school buildings of the Chigasaki Hokuryo High School.
It is designated as an historic site.