Miki Family Residence

The Miki family moved from Shikamatsu (Shikama) to Tsujikawa, Fukusaki Town in 1655 (Meireki 1) and became the political and cultural leaders of the region as the district administrators of the Himeji clan.
The Miki Family Residence, which has a strong connection with Kunio Yanagita, was designated as an Important Tangible Cultural Property by Hyogo Prefecture in 1972 (Showa 47), and subsequently came to be under town ownership in 2004.
The main part of the house, which has undergone conservation and repair work, is open to the public as an exhibition facility to present the history of the Miki family and the local community.