The electric power house was completed in 1895 and is a steam engine power house fueled by coal.
The exterior wall is mortared, but the lower part is made of bricks with Dutch bond, and the roof is a king post truss structure (wooden structure) with a Western-style shed, and it is a sturdy structure that withstood the Great Kanto Earthquake.
The electricity generated here was used for the search light of the lighthouse at the top of Sarushima.