A JR East – A hiking and walking event from the station A new way to enjoy Yokosuka – the “Yokosuka Route Museum” Experience Hiking Course Vol.2 –
This time, the tour will take you from the JR Yokosuka station to the cultural and historical sites in central Yokosuka.
|Date||February 1 (Tuesday) to March 15 (Tuesday), 2022|
*Open to everyone
*Admission: free of charge
|Location||From/to the JR Yokosuka Station|
Reception point: Yokosuka Modern Heritage Museum Thibaudier Residence
|Contact us||Tourism Division, Culture, Sports and Tourism Department, Yokosuka City (weekdays 9:00 – 17:00)|
|Organizer / Co-organizer||Organizer:East Japan Railway Company|
Partnership:Yokosuka Action Committee for Attracting Visitors and Promoting Appeal
About the event
How to participate (how to play)
1. Please come to the check-in place (Yokosuka Modern Heritage Museum Thibaudier Residence) during the check-in hours.
* Please note that there is no car parking or bicycle parking.
2. Register using the “Hike from the station” app
First, download the app, then click the “Join” button and select which course you want to participate. When you see “Accepted” on the app, you are ready to start.
* Please note that this app is unfortunately only available in Japanese.
* For more information about the Hike from the station app, click here.
* A course map is available at the Thibaudier Residence.
3. Let’s start hiking
Let the hiking begin!
Please start and finish your hike within the day’s official times.
JR Yokosuka Station ~ Thibaudier Residence ~ Mikasa Park ~ Ryuhonji Temple ~ Heiwa Central Park (Yonegahama Gun Battery Site) ~ Yokosuka City Museum ~ Uwamachi Architecture ~ Toyokawasan Tokujuin ~ Mikasa Building Shopping Street ~ Suwa Daijinja Shrine ~ Dobuita Dori (Dobuita Station) ~ JR Yokosuka Station
Distance approx. 5.5 km